Tuesday, February 26, 2019

RootsTech is coming! RootsTech is coming!


I started my trek to Salt Lake City, Utah yesterday at 11:15am. After getting coffee, I headed first to JFK from Norfolk, Virginia and then I was off on my second leg of the journey. So from door to door, the whole trip was about 10 hours. 


I travel light! Well, I would have brought more with me...but I'm too scared of things getting lost! I think I did pretty well though. I fit a whole week's worth of clothes in one carry on! But...when I woke up this morning, I realized I had forgotten something. Something a tad important. Undershirts. UGH! Thankfully, the Salt Palace is next door to a mall! Crisis averted.


The flight from JFK to SLC wasn't too bad. Delta proved a good host and I got a lot of reading done. I was even able to text family and friends in flight with free WiFi! I had never done that before, so it felt a bit surreal to all involved for me to text "I'm flying over Nebraska right now!"


After a long flight...with only plane snacks and a few sodas, I was famished! I found a Mexican restaurant a short 20 minute walk away from my Airbnb so I headed straight there. It was delicious! Tamales, rice and beans. Nom nom!

Well, tonight is the Media Dinner and tomorrow RootsTech begins! I'm excited to be able to explore the Family History Library and to see what mysteries might be answered there. 

Are you prepared for RootsTech? If you're not able to make it, you can live stream some of the conference right from the comfort of your home! If you are making the trip out, here are a few things you can do to make sure you're ready.

*****

Stay tuned for news from RootsTech 2019! I'll be updating everyone with how the conference is going, and the new and exciting discoveries I make while I'm here.

Join me then as I encounter my ancestors through family history and remember the past made present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect at NGS 2022!

The National Genealogical Society Family History Conference is back in person this year! And y'all I am so ready to meet face-to-face!...