Friday, July 27, 2018

Summer of DNA eConference



I love working with DNA in my genealogical research. I use AncestryDNA nearly every day, in fact!

Over the years of using AncestryDNA, I've come to appreciate all the ways that Ancestry makes their product user-friendly and - most importantly - useful for my research! So I've partnered with the folks over at Family History Fanatics to speak at their Summer of DNA eConference on August 4, 2018!

On August 4th, I'll be speaking on "Using AncestryDNA Tools" at 10:15am CDT. We'll also get to listen and learn from three other speakers. Diahan Southard, Your DNA Guide whom you may know from Genealogy Gems, will speak about the role of DNA when you think your pedigree is full. Her talk is called, "Your Pedigree is Full, There is Still Room for DNA." Michelle Leonard, of Genes & Genealogy, will speak on "Using DNA to Solve Adoption and Unknown Parentage Mysteries." Last up, Kitty Cooper will speak on "DNA Segment Triangulation." Then all the speakers will gather for a panel discussion and we'll have a Q&A together.

It's going to be a great day of genealogy and DNA! 

Registration is $24.99 and includes 5 hours of learning, a replay of the conference, each speaker's handouts, and there will even be door prizes provided by MyHeritageDNA, 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA, Ancestry, and Family History Fanatics!

So register today by clicking here!

You can also learn more about the eConference or about the various speakers by reading a great blog post over at Family History Fanatics. I hope you'll join me on August 4th!!

In the meantime, keep striving to encounter your ancestors through family research, remembering the past made present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect at NGS 2022!

The National Genealogical Society Family History Conference is back in person this year! And y'all I am so ready to meet face-to-face!...